a new conference focused on developing and using creative arts to serve the congregation, encourage the Church, and reach the community
Date: June 10-12, 2021 (the conference begins Thursday evening and ends Saturday at noon)
Location: First Baptist Church of Lapeer
- $40 if registered by May 1st, $50 after May 1st
- FBCL members: $20 if registered by May 1st, $25 after May 1st
- Limited scholarships are available; please inquire for more information.
- After you register, we’ll contact you regarding payment details.
Conference registration includes keynote sessions, workshops, artist spotlights, resources, local artists, refreshments, and Friday lunch.
Keynote Speaker: Brock Miller earned a BA (’95) and a MA (’99) in communication/theater studies from Bob Jones University. He spent five years as a member of the communication faculty at both Bob Jones University and at Northland International University. Since 2015, Brock has been teaching speech, drama, and social studies courses at Northside Christian School in Columbus, OH. He directs the high school spring musical as well. Brock met his wife, Amy, during college; they have two daughters at Northside Christian, Ashlyn and Laurel. Brock’s directing credits include The Horse and His Boy, The Silver Chair, Pride and Prejudice, A Christmas Carol, Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Matchmaker, Beauty and the Beast, And Then There Were None, and Mary Poppins. Brock and his family attend Calvary Bible Church in Columbus.
Workshop topics include:
- Arts in a Worship Service
- Fiction and the Christian
- Live Art
- Art Inside and Outside the Church
- Vocal Training